Search  for 
Confederate Memorial Cats Meow
Larger Photo   

Confederate Memorial Cats Meow

$20.00

This 83-foot tall brownstone and marble monument topped by a bronze Confederate soldier "At Rest," was erected in 1889 by the Ladies Memorial Association of Manassas. The remains of 250 Confederate soldiers from nearby farms after the First and Second Battles of Manassas are interred here. The purpose of the Association was to "care for the Confederate dead and to instruct the rising generation as to the sacred duty of remembering and caring for the graves of the loved and lost."


Quantity  

    
Item # 012756
 
 

Echoes, the Manassas Museum Store offers a one-of-a-kind selection of gifts, history, jewelry, Civil War prints, City of Manassas gear and much more.